The Technical Writer will be responsible for producing high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. This individual will work collaboratively with Software Engineers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Product Managers, and usability experts to create documentation to provide reference materials end users may need in their use of the software products. This position should have the ability to evaluate and analyze complex information and have a natural desire to help people understand things that are difficult.
- Researching, outlining, writing, and editing new and existing content.
- Driving the end-to-end documentation process for feature releases.
- Meeting release deadlines to ensure timely delivery of relevant content.
- Creating concise customer-facing technical content such as Release Notes, Online Help, User Guides, Installation Guides, and Administrator Guides, for multiple software products.
- Editing and proofreading technical documents for grammar, standards, style, and technical accuracy.
- Working in Madcap Flare and other tools to produce deliverables in online and PDF formats.
- Using interim software releases to gain experience with products and verifying documentation.
- Collaborating with Product Managers, UX Designers, and Development teams to gather relevant information to find ways to deliver value to users.
- Identifying and recommending usability improvements.
- Developing best practices and creating repeatable processes to enable the scaling of growth in technical writing and contributing to overall improvement.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal with ability to research, interpret, analyze, and write technical source information.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Self-directed and self-motivated, requiring little direction from others.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at a time and have patience/persistence with ambiguity.
- Proactive and open-minded attitude to resolve problems and deliver results.
- Working knowledge of Madcap Flare or the ability to quickly become a power user.
YOUR EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or related field preferred.
- Experience creating end-user software documentation preferred.
- Experience with Madcap Flare authoring environment a plus.
|Job Category||Quality Assurance|