The Software Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of new features or bug fixes within the software while working closely with others on a scrum-based team. This position plays an integral role in ensuring that the highest quality product is being delivered to clients.
- Producing high quality, well tested, scalable code
- Delivering features and software fixes on-time and to specification
- Completing unit and integration tests with measured code coverage for features and all bugs
- Understanding PenLink’s software architecture, adhering to corporate design principles and standards, and following best practices and processes
- Supports the integrity of the conceptual design of the assigned subsystem
- Taking work as needed to make sure that all team members complete sprint items within the sprint duration
- Notifying the Team Lead or other leaders on any subsystem risks that could prevent usability, release dates, or client issues
- Completing code reviews for work completed by peers
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio and a source control system such as TFS, Git, VSS, etc.
- Experience with basic SQL or PL/SQL syntax and understanding of queries and joins
- Drive to learn and a desire to contribute to and alongside a team
- Experience with the Agile development process
- Detailed oriented, methodical, and organized in your thinking
- Excellent communications, both written and verbal, and able to communicate ideas concisely and clearly to others
- Understand the software development life cycle
YOUR EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Professional work experience in C#.NET preferred
- Experience using Agile, scrum methodologies preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related 4-year technical degree
PenLink is an equal opportunity employer.
|Job Category||Software Development|