REPORTS TO: Director, Marketing
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for the continuity and consistency of the PenLink brand in all visual elements that represent the company or its products. This individual will manage the style or tone of the brand, ensure the brand remains consistent in all executions, and drive the creation of branded assets based off marketing strategies dictated by the Marketing Director and the business needs. This individual must understand how to design for the web. Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously are musts.
- Generate clear ideas and concepts to determine how to best visually represent the brand.
- Produce sketches, storyboards, and/or roughs to visualize concepts and collaborate with internal clients
- Managing the look or style of brand executions across the business.
- Completing creative work – from concept to final execution – within deadlines and budgets.
- Create, design and edit emails, web assets, digital ads and other deliverables that will be viewed by our audience on mobile, tablet and desktop
- Understand company initiatives, marketing initiatives, strategic positioning, and target audiences.
- Create, design and edit animated videos and interactive presentations
- Produce sketches, storyboards, and/or roughs to visualize concepts.
- Working with internal clients to develop an artistic approach and style for projects.
- Work with the website resources to produce modern and effective interactive projects
- Oversees and coordinates the production process; develops and writes printing and/or other production specifications and selects appropriate production media and materials.
- Remain educated and current on new design trends, software, and technology.
- Communication skills. Must be able to listen to and speak with internal clients to articulate his/her visions and ideas, incorporate feedback, and take/give direction well.
- Creativity. Must be able to come up with interesting and innovative ideas to develop new marketing material designs.
- Leadership skills. Must own projects and processes that fall within their prevue and reflect a sense of leadership within the company.
- Time-management skills. Must be able to balance competing priorities and multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines.
- Detail-oriented. Must have an eye for detail for design consistency and project requirements.
YOUR EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Four-year related degree and a minimum of 3-4 years of design experience in an in-house creative department or design film.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Advanced experience using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Advanced experience in Adobe Premiere Pro, Dreamweaver, HTML/CSS, and other associated tools
- Possess strong conceptual skills, high level sense of design, layout and typography, a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions.
- Work well with tight deadlines in a team environment.
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and proficiency using a camera and lighting equipment to handle headshots and corporate event photography