Division: Quality Assurance
Reports To: Quality Assurance Lead
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing automated tests that support the QA process by mechanizing specific test cases improving efficiency (and code coverage) for the QA team and our release process. Responsibilities including automated software testing estimation, analysis, design, implementation, management, and reporting on software testing projects. In addition, this position assists in the development, implementation and support of the QA standards, methods, techniques, and tool usage, related to quality systems development and testing. This position plays an integral role in the software development lifecycle ensuring that the highest quality product is being delivered to clients.
- Analyzing and reviewing functional and technical specifications with multiple resources to create test plans and manual test cases.
- Designing and developing automated test scripts using software testing programs and formalized testing methodologies.
- Integrating test automation industry standards and best practices.
- Executing automated test suites to support requirements and regression efforts.
- Reviewing automated test results with QA Analysts and effectively communicating defects to development resources to reproduce and explain the problem.
- Organizing and maintaining the test suites for several types of tests (e.g. integration tests, end-to-end, and regression) scheduled for execution.
- Refactoring test cases to improve long-term supportability.
- Coaching and instructing others on proper test development techniques.
- Following the company’s software system testing methodology, procedures and processes.
- Identifying and recommending usability improvements to QA Director, product owners, product managers, and/or development resources.
- Validating that software systems meet the required performance metrics.
- Holds themselves and team members accountable for the quality of code being committed.
- Expertise and demonstrated delivery of high quality software testing process.
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio and the execution of automated tests.
- Familiarity with test case management software and issue tracking tools.
- Experience with the Agile development process.
- Detail oriented, methodical, and organized in your thinking.
- Excellent communications, both written and verbal, and able to communicate ideas concisely and clearly to others.
Your Education & Experience:
- 3+ years of developing software systems with a focus on software testing preferred.
- Experience using Agile, scrum methodologies preferred.
- BA degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
|Job Category||Quality Assurance|