PenLink is looking for an Onsite Support Engineer to provide technical support and system administration services to a U. S. federal government agency (the “client”) for PenLink software used at the their site. We need a dynamic, technical person to provide top-notch support of our products while maintaining relationships with the client and PenLink teams.
PenLink is a technology company that develops software in the communications space for law enforcement. For us, it’s more than just showing up to a job; it’s about being part of something big. Our work involves a lot of data and analytics but also so much more – it’s about improving the world and keeping safe the places we call home.
The position will work from the client’s site in Laurel, MD.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
You will provide onsite technical support and system administration for PenLink software— including but not limited to PLX, PenProxy, and PenPoint—running on federal government agency systems, including the following duties:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve reported issues with the PenLink software
- Review and analyze system logs in response to reported issues
- Document issues and associated support activities in the PenLink CRM system in a timely manner
- Determine when it is necessary to escalate an issue to the PenLink team, documenting how to recreate the issue and the troubleshooting steps taken so far
- Configure, update, and maintain PenLink software in testing and production environments
- Perform acceptance and certification testing, including regression testing, of PenLink software updates
- Document test results for PenLink software updates
- Help to integrate PenLink software with new and updated data sources for lawful intercept collection and analysis
- Help to interface PenLink software with third-party solutions to promote the use of best practices by the client
- Support regression testing and certification with third-party software for lawful intercept applications
- Provide initial support for identifying and decoding IP communication protocols
- Serve as a technical liaison between client personnel and PenLink personnel as needed
- Generate monthly reports of services rendered and deliverables provided
- Participate in regular program calls with the client and the PenLink team
- Help to manage the client’s expectations while fostering positive outlooks among their personnel regarding PenLink’s products and services
- Satisfy and maintain agency and facility requirements as required by the client
- Other duties as assigned
YOUR COMPETENCIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- You must be a citizen of the United States
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently as a self-starter
- Ability to work cooperatively with members of the client’s team and the PenLink team
- Ability to dig deeply and systematically into a technical issue and focus on its details to find the source of the issue and identify and implement solutions
- Working knowledge of Oracle applications, Windows OS, Active Directory, enterprise hardware (servers, workstations), virtualization, and networking (switch, VPN)
- Basic coding knowledge and experience with SQL, C#, .NET
- A detailed technical understanding of IP-based communication protocols
- Ability to travel at least once per quarter
- Current government clearances are preferred. In their absence, you must be able to pass background checks and associated other processes to obtain the client’s required clearances.
YOUR EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- College degree in a computer-related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years of experience using and administering an enterprise-level system
- Minimum of three years of troubleshooting and help desk experience
This position will be an independent contractor. The position is contracted by PenLink to fulfill a contract with a federal government agency, for an initial period of one (1) year, with subsequent annual options for renewal based upon the client’s needs.