PenLink is looking for an Onsite Support Engineer to provide technical support and system administration services to a U. S. federal government agency (the “client”) for PenLink software used at the their site. We need a dynamic, technical person to provide top-notch support of our products while maintaining relationships with the client and PenLink teams.
PenLink is a technology company that develops software in the communications space for law enforcement. For us, it’s more than just showing up to a job; it’s about being part of something big. Our work involves a lot of data and analytics but also so much more – it’s about improving the world and keeping safe the places we call home.
The position will work from the client’s site in Laurel, MD.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve reported issues with the PenLink software
- Review and analyze system logs in response to reported issues
- Document issues and associated support activities in the PenLink CRM system in a timely manner
- Determine when it is necessary to escalate an issue to the PenLink team, documenting how to recreate the issue and the troubleshooting steps taken so fare
- Configure, update, and maintain PenLink software in testing and production environments
- Documents test results for PenLink software updates
- Help to integrate PenLink software with new and updated data sources for lawful intercept collection and analysis
- Help to interface PenLink software with third-party solutions to promote the use of best practices by the client
- Support regression testing and certification with third-party software for lawful intercept applications
- Provide initial support for identifying and decoding IP communication protocols
- Serve as a technical liaison between client personnel and PenLink personnel as needed
- Generate monthly reports of services rendered and deliverables provided
- Participate in regular program calls with the client and PenLink team
- Help to manage the client’s expectations while fostering positive outlooks among their personnel regarding PenLink’s products and services
- Satisfy and maintain agency and facility requirements as required by the client
- Other duties as assigned
YOUR COMPETENCIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently as a self-starter
- Ability to work cooperatively with members of the client’s team and the PenLink team
- Ability to dig deeply and systematically into a technical issue and focus on its details to find the source of the issue and identify and implement solutions
- A technical understanding of IP-based communication protocols
- Ability to travel at least once per quarter
- Current government clearances preferred.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- College degree in a computer-related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years of experience using and administering an enterprise-level system
- Minimum of three years of troubleshooting and help desk experience
- Basic coding knowledge and experience with SQL, C#, .NET
- Working knowledge of Oracle applications, Windows OS, Active Directory, enterprise hardware (servers, workstations), virtualization, and networking (switch, VPN)
This position is contracted by PenLink to fufill a contract with a federal government agency, for an initial period of one (1) year, with subsequent annual options for renewal based upon the client’s needs.
Job Category: Solutions Engineer
- Full-time: $130,000-$150,000 Annually
- Contractor: $150,000-$170,000 Annually