REPORTS TO: Chief Revenue Officer
The Marketing Director is responsible for developing and implementing marketing and business strategies to strengthen the company’s market presence and help it find a “voice” across multiple business verticals. The goal is to increase the company’s market share, maximize revenues, and to thrive against competitors.
- Designing and implementing comprehensive marketing strategies
- Planning and executing campaigns for corporate promotion, various business ventures, and launching of new product lines, etc.
- Maintaining a high caliber of company brands and marketing materials
- Working with Product Managers to initiate market research studies and analyze the findings
- Gathering and organizing information to plan advertising campaigns and negotiating advertising contracts
- Working with department heads or staff to discuss topics such as budgets, contracts, marketing plans, and the selection of advertising media
- Monitoring marketing progress and performance
- Supervising the Marketing team and providing guidance and feedback to other marketing professionals
- Managing overall marketing budgets and allocating resources amongst projects
- Directing the hiring of advertising, promotions, and marketing staff and overseeing their daily activities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Analytical skills. Analyze industry trends to determine the most promising strategies for their organization.
- Communication skills. Communicate effectively and persuasively with a broad-based team made up of other managers or staff members during the advertising, promotions, and marketing process.
- Creativity. Advertising, promotions, and marketing managers must be able to generate new and imaginative ideas.
- Decision-making skills. Ability to choose between competing advertising and marketing strategies put forward by staff.
- Interpersonal skills. Working with a variety of people in different roles, both inside and outside the organization.
- Organizational skills. Management of time and budget efficiently while directing and motivating others.
YOUR EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year related degree and 5+ years of experience providing marketing strategy for a company.
- 5+ years of experience leading teams.
- Skilled in a variety of different areas of marketing including copy, design, strategy, etc.
- Experience managing marketing projects from inception to completion.
- Proficient use of the common software tools of business (MS Office Suite, Salesforce.com, etc.) and specifically of marketing (Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce Pardot, etc.).
- Work well with tight deadlines in a team environment.