The IT Help Desk Technician is responsible for providing technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues from employees related to computer systems, software, and hardware. The position will be solving problems and coming up with solutions while supporting employees’ day-to-day IT help desk needs.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance in-person, over the phone, or via email.
- Perform in-person or remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided.
- Document problems and solutions in our help desk system; including creating knowledge base articles for employees as needed.
- Assist in the configuration and operation of computer operating systems including Windows and MacOS.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Very organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience administering multiple Windows Operating Systems (Desktop and Server) preferred
- Virtualization Experience (VMWare / Hyper-V) preferred
- Demonstrated experience in customer service with professional verbal and written communication skills.
YOUR EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Completed or currently enrolled in IT degree program (associate or bachelor level).
- Previous help desk experience, preferred.