The Instructional Designer is responsible for designing and maintaining webinars on PenLink’s software products to our external clients. Webinars range from one to six hours in length. The primary objective of this role is to design content that is impactful, engaging and enforces learning objectives through virtual learning experiences.
- Developing effective webinars that communicate complex processes in a simple, easy to understand manner. Ensure that instructional design principles are used in all phases of design.
- Creating and maintaining trainer and participant materials. Content is ever-changing due to software updates, customer needs, and government standards.
- Creating and maintaining evaluations to measure against learning objectives.
- Creating and maintaining job aids to support learning principles from classes, webinars and/or online modules.
- Partnering with other Instructional Designers and Product Trainers to create and maintain training materials.
- Serving as primary contact for testing, upgrading, and troubleshooting virtual classroom technology.
- Communicating updates or changes to team members in a timely manner.
- Partnering with product management, sales, marketing, and software development to assess learning needs and design training solutions.
- Staying up to date with developments in the field of learning and serve as an internal leader on best practices, new solutions, and emerging trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Base knowledge in the field of instructional design.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Superior use of the English language, including the ability to read, comprehend and communicate information and ideas effectively.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Energetic team player who also works well independently.
- Ability to translate business goals and objectives into realistic training curriculum.
YOUR EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- One (1) year experience with software documentation.
- One (1) year of experience using web conferencing application (e.g. Webex, GoToMeeting).
- One (1) year of instructional design experience.
- Strong PC skills and expertise in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience with an LMS is a plus.